Thursday 13 March 2014

2D/3D Printing Rhino Workshop

11/3 and 12/3  I went in to a non-sign-up workshop in the fabrication studio because I couldnt get to sign up the one listed on the sign up sheet on the illus studio, so I just come in and see if there is any space left.
and BAM there is, lots of extra space, because there's only one student and me, a total of 2 students in this workshop .

We started learing how to use the Rhino program, James teached us how to use it, he's very patient
after we learned the basics, he let us play around for a bit with the software and build/ design something out of it.
I build/design something 2D in Rhino workshop and then took it to laser cut it, turns out not bad .





A little sneakpeak of the laser cutting process.

Tada ! I had fun :)


The next day I learned about doing a 3D model  using Rhino program, same routine. James thought us and let us play around with the program for a bit and then lead us to actually build a 3D object with the program and allow us to print the object out.








A video of the 3D printing:

I have learned quite alot in this workshop, I'll definitely have another go someday !

No comments:

Post a Comment