Thursday 8 May 2014

My thoughts

The show is done now,we still have to do a presentation.

How do I feel about this project?
Actually I felt good, I enjoyed working with my team mates, of course there will be ups and downs, and a little arguments about clashing ideas, but we worked out quite okay as a team. I was excited when the project launched, but then half way through the Easter break stuck in the middle, kinda lose the motivation of continuing the project, but our group still keep up anyways.

What is my project talking about?
We are mainly focusing on light pollution. We tried using recycle paper to make those paper houses to bring out the message about saving the lights by using the power of design. The future lies in our hands, we can change the world at once but we could try changing one at a time about how people see with our designs.

What have I learn from this project?
I have learned to work well in groups and get along with my team mates, I have been more sociable and I get to see all kinds of design from other classmates, learning about their thoughts of Future canvas, I find it really interesting .

How would I do differently if I had a chance to put the show together and working with the same team mates?
I would definitely speak out and not be afraid to go against each other's ideas, I realised since we are working as a team, we should at least listen to what each other wants to do and what each other wants to be part of it and how. I personally wants to do something with Books, I read Georgie's blog, she mentioned about putting old books together to make something out of it, if I had that chance I will definitely go for my idea.

Does your work reflect on your understanding of Illustration practice?
To be honest I don't quite get what this question mean but I think I do start to see "Illustration" differently after starting this project. Illustration can be fun and playful, and in the process of doing it I must also learn to have fun and open up myself to more people, seeing all types of illustration designs , and most importantly to know what I want myself to do in future.

So, what is your future canvas ?
I had a dream of wanting to be a manga artist since I know how to draw. I will do what ever it takes to make that happen. I see my future self as a successful manga artist. Imagining I will be in a magazine introducing my artworks to the whole world.

Dream big , haha !

No comments:

Post a Comment